SpeechBox is an award winning articulation app for Speech Therapy word practice. Designed to work with children & adults with various speech disorders including: Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS), Autism, Down’s Syndrome, Stroke rehabilitation, Articulation and Phonological disorders. issues. Parents, educators, speech therapists, etc. can work with children and adults to practice speaking simple words in a beautiful interface with engaging colorful pictures.
Within moments of opening the app you can get started practicing words. There are no complex menus to navigate through before being presented with the pictures. You simply tap on a box, and it displays it’s contents. Selecting a picture is as easy as moving around the pictures and tapping on the one you wish to view. When you are done with the picture you can swipe to remove it from the box or pinch it to put it back in the box.
Not only can you work with the over 700 beautiful retina quality pictures, but you can add your own pictures using the iPad’s camera, photo library, Bing images, or Dropbox. You can easily add pictures of friends, family and other common objects the child can practice with. If that’s not enough, you can download over 24 additional boxes containing 700+ images from our Box store, starting at $0.99 per box.
New Features in 2.0+
• Hide/Disable words that appear on photos
• More realistic photo experience
• Fixed bugs that caused crashing, such as when adding a custom photo
• Better download performance from the Box store
• Over 700 beautiful retina quality color pictures
• The SpeechBox Box Store – with over 24 add’l boxes, starting at $0.99
• Simple, engaging, easy to operate interface
• Add custom Boxes (categories)
• Add your own pictures
• Dropbox & Bing image search for importing pictures
• Share Boxes with friends & others
• All professionally recorded word prompts
• Record custom word prompts
• Create notes for each word
• Easily hide unused pictures
• Parental lock option (hides buttons from little fingers)
• Shake to shuffle photos inside a box
• Male and Female voice prompts (US English Only)
• US, UK & AUS English Prompts
View a short demo video at: http://www.speechboxapp.com
“I work with a range of ages, from Early Intervention through developmentally challenged students in high school. And I must say, it has become one of my ‘go to’ tools for many of the children in my practice. I highly recommend it.” – Cynthia James, M.A. CCC-SLP, Midland Park, NJ
“I was able to pick up the app and instantly use it to drill my little girl on all three /k/ sets. SpeechBox worked beautifully and exactly as intended. She enjoyed the pictures and interface. It is the only speech therapy app I have found to be that useful with my daughter. Best speech therapy app I’ve laid hands on so far.” – Dala, M.A., CCC-SLP (Testy yet trying Blogger, Author)
“Students with Apraxia require such repetitive practice in order to learn the motor movements for speech, making it very important to select words that kids will practically use throughout their day. SpeechBox has done just that. With beautiful pictures and a very thoughtful approach to selecting target words, SpeechBox is able to go beyond your typical articulation app in meeting the needs of children with diverse speech challenges.” – Katherine Kelley, M.A., CCC-SLP (Peachyspeech.com Blogger)
SpeechBox™ was developed by a Dad of a child with Childhood Apraxia of Speech with professional guidance and help from Nicole Gerber, MA, CF-SLP.
• • SpeechBox for iOS was voted Best App Ever, Special Needs Category for 2012-2013 • •
Please submit all suggestions, comments and questions to email@example.com. Thank you!